Join our team
Position: Junior Copywriter
You’re fresh out of college and have a little writing experience under your belt, but you’re hungry for an opportunity to sharpen your skills and put your great ideas to use. You’re ready to flex your copywriting skills in real world situations, but know you have a lot of room to grow.
If this sounds like you, you might be a good fit for our junior copywriter position.
As a junior copywriter at Catapult, you’ll work closely with our senior writers, designers, and clients to produce clear, conceptual copy – taking and incorporating feedback to perfect pieces. This includes writing and editing website content, blog posts, print ads, social media posts, taglines, video scripts, and more.
A junior copywriter will be expected to have a go-getter attitude and the discipline to channel their passion for writing day in and day out with a motivation for continuous improvement. You’ll be expected to fulfill client expectations, develop engaging content and campaigns, and create stand-alone work that attracts and persuades customers under the mentorship of our experienced writers.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an English, Journalism, Advertising or other related major with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Is experienced writing in AP Style or is willing to learn and adapt to it quickly
- Translates ideas and concepts into clear, insightful copy for any medium
- Has the stamina to write multiple pages of copy daily
- Plays well in a team environment and is willing to learn from others
- Approaches copy flexibly and takes feedback on their work
- Has the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Has strong attention to detail
- Researches thoroughly to ensure all copy is accurate
- Willingness to learn additional skills and software for a collaborative environment
- Strong time-management skills – self-motivated, self-starter
- Can proofread and edit copy with flawless aplomb
- Would never use the word “aplomb” in anything except a novel (or a job posting)
The Ideal Candidate will also have:
- 1 year of copywriting experience
- Agency experience a plus
Interested? If this sounds like your ideal place to work, send us your resume and portfolio samples. If you have an online portfolio, please include a link to your website in the email.
Catapult Creative Media is a digital agency providing digital marketing solutions. We create brand identities and stories while optimizing content for web searches and social media engagement. We serve various clients, large and small, and commit to each with enthusiasm, creativity, and hard work.
Job Type: Full-time
- 22+ days of PTO
- 9 paid holidays
- Health insurance
- 401k w/ company match at 1 year
- Catered company retreats
- Quarterly health challenges
- Work-from-anywhere program
- Remote position
- Supportive, fun, and nerdy company culture
Catapult will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.