Are Your Marketing Efforts Making Progress for Your Business?
This article is the latest of a 4 part series to make sure you’re getting the most out of your online marketing efforts. This week, we’ll show you how to measure and track your online marketing leads.
You’ve got a marketing plan in place. You’re executing it beautifully. Everything is going according to schedule. But how do you know for sure that your online marketing is working?
One thing you can do right now is to make sure you have Google analytics installed on your site. If you don’t, minimize this and go do it. We’ll wait.
There. Now, you’ll have a baseline for measuring traffic on your website. You’ll be able to start gathering data and fine-tuning your marketing efforts. Checking in with leads is really about the numbers and the quality. Without going into mountains of information on SEO and data metrics, the most important take away here is to properly track your leads. These three things are easy to check, and they’re essential to converting your browsers into buyers.
1. When new clients call, ask where they found you, or how they found you online. If you are getting online leads, where are they coming in from? Organic pages or PPC pages?
2. Track your conversion rates – How many times did someone land on your website vs. how many contacted you vs. how many resulted in actual business?
3. Are your call-to-actions (“Click here!”, “Learn More”, etc.) compelling your audience to contact you? Make sure your call to actions speak to your consumer and encourage them to get in touch!
Maintenance is another easy, often overlooked part of a successful online marketing strategy. Your online presence isn’t something you build and leave. It’s a living, breathing, changing entity that needs to be updated and refreshed every so often. Consider this: If your online marketing efforts are like a 24/7 sales person, who always says the right thing and shows your clients how you can help them, that dude needs to be nourished!
Does your site:
1. Have the same images from at least two years ago?
2. Have the same content since it was launched?
3. Have a blog that no one ever posts to?
If you answered yes to any to these questions, give your online presence some love! Keeping your site fresh will make your customers and the search engines happy, and you’ll improve your organic SEO, online awareness and conversion rates.
There are a ton of moving parts to a successful web presence. It can be overwhelming to keep up with everything. If you aren’t able to do it yourself, bring someone in to help. You’d be surprised what a few content updates a week or graphic updates a month will do to keep your site healthy and fresh, and to keep it working at optimal capacity for your business!
Catapult Creative Media Inc. is a digital marketing and design agency serving south Louisiana and headquartered in Baton Rouge. Founded in 2007, Catapult provides digital, social and mobile marketing solutions backed by relevant strategy and measurable results. Catapult works the web to their clients’ advantage, launching them to their next level of success.